These are two different instances and different modes can be adopted for withdrawing funds as well as mobile banking could be taken on to for different means. And as instances of fraud have increased given the slowdown, you as owners of your bank account need to exercise extreme caution at this hour.
And as is the case, when you execute awithdrawal transaction at an ATM. Here are few pointers you should note:
1. Make sure the keypad does not seems to be abrupt i.e. be watchful of the fact that there is no deployment of any skimming device on to the machine as it can then keep note of the transaction you execute such as memorize the Pin number you enter and other crucial details.
2. Make it a point to stand close to the machine as there may be some disguised individuals who may be unknowingly keen to note your important card details.
3. Do not share your PIN with others and also do not note it on the card itself. It is at best to memorize the same.
4. Take out the card after the card details and tear away the slip as and when you verify the transaction.
Now as the cardless withdrawal transaction are also being increasingly taken on to because of the fraud cases:
Here in avoid sharing your important net banking details with any outsider. As by having access to your cardless withdrawal details, fraudster will not require your approval for any wrongdoing.
In the case of mobile banking, you need to keep in the following pointers in mind to keep fraud at bay:
As a matter of fact, you now need to exercise extreme caution, as some of the big names in the banking world, when customers face such an incidence of fraud are laying down all the fault on the customer and as have come to the notice have asked customers to refrain from using RBI-approved payment gateway apps.
1. As a security measure, while banking apps do by 2-factor authentication, you are advised to keep different password for your net banking and mobile banking account. Infact there is a m-PIN while you carry out banking transaction over mobile. Avoid sharing it with anyone. As a matter of cautions, the banks do not allow the installation of banking app on any other phone other than which is registered with the bank.
2. Do not go by the auto-save option as it unknowingly may give way to a fraudulent transaction. So do not click on the tab saying ‘ remember password’.
3. Do ensure to get notification from your bank and always make it a point to check them as in case there is any login failure you shall be notified and for the same you can take an action.
4. Use updated mobile apps and for this you can do such settings so that the apps can get updated automatically when the Wi-fi connection is enabled.